The Empire State Mine (“ESM”) is an underground zinc mine near the town of Gouverneur, New York State. ESM is comprised of a group of high-grade mines – ESM #4 mine which is in production, and six historic mines. ESM #4 mine restarted mining operations in January 2018 and began producing zinc concentrate in March 2018. The ESM #1, #2 and #3, Hyatt, Pierrepont and Edwards mines are all within a 30-mile radius of the 5,000 tons-per-day (tpd) mill.
- Location: Gouverneur, New York
- Ownership: 100%
- Property: controls more than 80,000 acres of mineral rights of which approximately 2,700 acres have both fee simple surface and mineral rights
- 1,754 acres near Gouverneur where the ESM #4 mine, mill and tailings disposal facility are located
- 703 acres in the town of Edwards, including the Edwards mine
- 242 acres covering the Pierrepont mine
- Primary metal: zinc
- Secondary metals: none
- Type of mining: underground
Following the completion of a Preliminary Economic Assessment in September 2017 (“2017 PEA”) and Titan Mining’s initial public offering (“IPO”) in October 2017, rehabilitation and refurbishment activities began at the ESM #4 mine and the mill, in preparation for the restart of operations in early 2018. Mill commissioning was completed and first ore was hoisted in late January 2018.